Home Buying 101
“How do you eat an elephant?” “One spoonful at a time!”
If you’ve never done it before, the process of buying a house can seem overwhelming. But the reality is that if you just take it one step at a time, you can soon join the ranks of happy homeowners. We’ve put together these steps to help you on your way:
- Decide whether renting or buying makes more sense for you.
- Clean up your credit and get your financial house in order.
- Educate yourself about mortgages and find out how much you can spend on a house.
- Decide where you want to live.
- Narrow down the type of house you want to buy.
- Choose an agent or broker.
- See properties with your agent.
- Write a purchase contract.
- Negotiate the deal.
- Have the property inspected.
- Get the loan approved.
- Live happily ever after in your new dream home!